We are pleased to invite you to the inaugural Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital (NMCH)’s PAEDIATRIC NURSING – PRACTICE AND EDUCATION CONFERENCE.
In line with its theme, “Strengthen Coordination and Collaboration to Improve Health Outcomes of Children,” NMCH has partnered with USAID and the Maternal and Child Survival Program to bring together industry leaders and practitioners to provide insights into Clinical Excellence, Leadership and Social Support initiatives in caring for our children and families.
We remain committed in putting aside competition and promote sharing successes and failures, so that we can focus on what matters most – caring for our children! In all that we do leadership matters – executive leadership is a critical aspect of successful improvement in our delivery of care to our patients and families. We learn through testing and partnering with families and front-line staff
- Attendees will be provided with the tools to enhance paediatric education and practice programs
- Educational workshop sessions, and influential plenary presentations to make paediatrics education and practice more effective in paediatric nursing
- Through a combination of high-reliability concepts and quality improvement science methods, this conference is the perfect platform and best opportunity to reach to a larger gathering of experts in the field of paediatrics healthcare in South Africa.
- The conference is built on the fundamental belief that by sharing successes and failures transparently and learning from one another.
- To accomplish our goals requires focus on the detailed processes and cultural elements that lead to safer hospitals; guidance and support for hospital teams as they build the capacity for change; and facilitating relationships within the network to broaden and accelerate learning.
- Commit to building a “culture of safety”
We look forward to welcoming you to Johannesburg, Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre, be inspired!
Contact for any questions regarding the PAEDIATRIC NURSING – PRACTICE AND EDUCATION CONFERENCE:
NMCH Conferences & Events
Tel: +27 10 133 0772 4
Conference venue & Accommodation
Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre
Viewpoint Road Bartlett,
Convenient Location – Minutes from OR Tambo International Airport. Walking distance to a variety of shopping precincts. Close to restaurants and recreational facilities. Free Johannesburg airport shuttle departs hourly from Birchwood at 30 minutes past every hour (starting at 5:30 AM), and OR Tambo International Airport bus terminal at 10 minutes past every hour (last pick up 12:10 AM). Enjoy FREE coffee & Wi-Fi while you wait at the airport guest lounge (Open: 10h00 to 21h00).
Disabled access – All other conference rooms and breakaway sessions, are on the ground floor and have disabled access. Please contact the conference organisers if you have any queries or require further assistance.